Post Doc: Web services for modelling habitats
Development of Web Services for modelling habitats
The Global Environment Monitoring Unit (Ispra, Italy) of the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission is looking for a software developer who will work on web processing services (WPS) for modelling habitats in protected areas and on the uncertainty propagation between web modeling services.
Information on how to apply can be found at http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/Job-opportunities/open-calls/call-for-grantholders.html
- The ideal candidate has a PhD in geoinformatics (or a university degree in a related field) or at least 5 years research experience after the university degree.
- The candidate must have excellent skills in setting up OGC standard web services using open source tools and a demonstrated experience in geoinformatics and in setting up web mapping services.
- Most developments will be made using Python, XML, PostGIS, QGIS and any experience with these languages and tools would be an advantage.
- Experience in setting up modeling services would be a strong asset.
- A good knowledge of English is required. Good communication and inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team are required.
The position falls in the category 30 (post-doc researchers)
Job reference: IES-2010-301017
(note that the announcement on the web indicates a minimum experience of at least 4 years after university degree while a PhD or a strict minimum of 5 years is actually required)
Deadline for application:
of July 2010
Should you have questions regarding the work to be done, please get in touch with me.
Grégoire Dubois (Ph.D.)
DG Joint Research Centre - European Commission
Global Environment Monitoring Unit
Monitoring Of Natural resources for DEvelopment (MONDE)
Via Fermi 2749, TP 440, I-21027 Ispra (VA), ITALY http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
Tel : +39 0332 786360
Fax : +39 0332-789960