| META TOPICPARENT
Academic with Ph.D.
<--###corpo### begin -->
<-- Page Content Area table cell: -->
<-- CONTENT ELEMENT, uid:354/text [begin] -->
<-- Text: [begin] -->
ACADEMIC WITH A DOCTORAL DEGREE
The Republic of Chile received the loan N?7317-CH from the International Bank of Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) to partially fund the ?Funding Program for Result-Based Tertiary Education-MECESUP2? through the project: ?Scientific-Technological Research Networks for Training Advanced Human Capital: Doctoral Program in Science with specialization in Geology and Doctoral Program in Science with specialization in Mathematics, UCN?, UCN0711. The loan was given to UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DEL NORTE which will use part of it to make eligible payments in virtue of this job opening.
This project is opening a position for a full-time job at the Department of Mathematics. This academic unit is responsible for teaching math in undergraduate programs and also offers a Master and Doctoral Program in Mathematics. The project aims at fostering scientific cooperation between the Doctoral Program in Science with specialization in Mathematics and the Doctoral Program in Science with specialization in Geology through doctoral interdisciplinary theses on issues interesting for mining and geology. The applicant is expected to become a true contribution to the development of the project and the department, by tutoring theses, publishing in areas related to the project, and presenting new proposals.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D) in Geostatistics, Geomathematics, Applied Mathematics or Applied Statistics at the time of signing the contract.
- Potential or experience in the use of mathematical or statistical models in research areas related to geology or mining.
- Teaching experience.
- Availability from March 1st, 2010.
- Applicants may hold their degree from an accredited national or international program; they must show certified scientific activity and productivity and have no contract or, at the most, a half-time job in the contracting institution. Doctoral degrees from Chilean doctoral programs must have been obtained in the last three years.
- Initial two-year full-time contract as part of an alternative payroll which can be extended indefinitely according to academic assessment.
- Teaching work load compatible with research activities.
- Support for visits to national or international research centers.
- Economic incentives for scientific productivity.
Applicants? background assessment will be made by the Degree Committee for the Mathematics Department. The committee may ask for a public conference on the applicant?s scientific area and also a personal interview. Final selection requires the approval of the MECESUP Program supported by the Advanced Human Resources Committee. Universidad Cat?lica del Norte reserves the right to declare no winner, without stating the cause.
Application deadline: December 31st, 2009
Results will be published on January 22nd, 2010
Applications must be sent to: Dr. Eduardo Fierro Morales, Director Alterno del proyecto MECESUP UCN0711, Departamento de Matem?ticas, Universidad Cat?lica del Norte, Avda. Angamos 0610, Antofagasta, Chile. Phone numbers: 56-55-355581 , 56-55-355573 . Fax: 56-55-355599. E-mail: efierro(at)ucn.cl. Web: www.mat.ucn.cl
-- TWikiAdminUser - 2010-06-04
- Curriculum Vitae, with certificates duly legalized and recent photo.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation regarding the candidate?s research job and a letter of reference for teaching activities.
- Academic Development Plan.
- A copy of publications in the last three years